[ofw] OFED for Windows on 2008R2 SP1

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Apr 14 08:49:04 PDT 2011

Which ConnectX HCA and which firmware version?

Mellanox website has firmware burning tools if not latest firmware.

Please try the following install cmd:  start/wait msiexec /i OFED_2-3_win7_x64.msi /qn /log c:\ua-install.log

forward ua-install.log

Thanks,

Stan.

Progress.

>z:\support\OFED> rem-cert-add.bat OFED OpenFabrics.cer
>Installing OpenFabrics.cer Cert on M1031
>
>M1031 SUCCESS: OFA TrustedPublisher cert installed
>
>z:\support\OFED>start/wait msiexec /i OFED_2-3_win7_x64.msi /qn
>
>z:\support\OFED>
>
>Had the usual flash message about the mlx_bus, but no IPoIB drivers, and vstat still complains about
>missing complib.dll

Since mlx4_bus does not appear to load correctly, then the mlx_hca driver will not be loaded, hence no complib.dll and vstat failure.
In the past, HCA firmware problems have caused this type of behavior; although no current idea as to why a GUI  install would work while the unattended install fails?

Speaking of a GUI install, does IPoIB configure correctly?