[libfabric-users] "Local Protection Error" with verbs provider

Jörn Schumacher joern.schumacher at cern.ch
Sat Apr 9 08:05:48 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I am sending out message from a source to a destination host using
libfabric v1.3.0rc2 with the verbs provider. This works well up to 2047
messages. Then, if I increase the number of messages further (2048+),
the program crashes because there is an error in the send completion queue.

With fi_cq_strerror I get: "Local Protection Error".

Does anyone know what this error (coming from the verbs provider) means?

Thanks and Cheers,
Jörn