[libfabric-users] FI_EP_MSG on cray

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Feb 13 10:04:13 PST 2017

> libfabric:ofi-rxm:core:ofi_check_ep_attr():397<info> Unsupported
> endpoint type
>
> libfabric:ofi-rxm:core:ofi_check_ep_attr():398<info> Supported:
> FI_EP_RDM
>
> libfabric:ofi-rxm:core:ofi_check_ep_attr():398<info> Requested:
> FI_EP_MSG
>

> which I presume means that EP_MSG type is not supported.
>

> Is this likely to be available any time soon? I see it as a ‘planned’
> feature, but I wonder what the time scale is.

Ofi-rxm is a 'utility' provider that implements RDM EPs over MSG EPs.  So that behavior is expected for the RXM code.  Note that before the next release, we will remove ofi-rxm from being reported as an actual provider.

You can use the FI_PROVIDER environment variable to limit which provider will be used.