[libfabric-users] 2 questions

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Feb 21 09:19:02 PST 2017

> > To answer Q1 : I discover that you have to put the dest address into
> the info->dest_addr fields before calling getinfo - which is a bit
> annoying, but after stepping though the libfabric code, I see it is
> using the rdma_cm functions under the hood and the rdma_get_peer_addr
> fails if it hasn’t been set.
> > (Note to self: find out how these address vectors work cos they look
> like they will be much easier to work with)
>
> You could set hints->dest_addr, but I think the more typical model is
> to set the "node" and "service" parameters to fi_getinfo() to be
> something like "192.168.3.32" and "37000" on the active side, which
> should set the returned info->dest_addr correctly for you.  I.e., it
> should behave much like getaddrinfo(3).

This is more typical.

You shouldn't *need* to specify the destination address on the active side as part of getinfo, but if you don't, then you will need to ensure that you select an appropriate source address capable of communicating with the destination.

It is possible that you're hitting a bug in the verbs provider handling this case.  If you can provide more details on your test, or change the pingpong test to behave similarly, we can investigate.