[libfabric-users] A couple more questions

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Feb 28 14:52:46 PST 2017

    Do you need to use connected endpoints, or would reliable-connected work for your app?
  <

I don’t know the answer to that question. I always used verbs connected endpoint in the past and I wanted to get my libfabric conversion running essentially the same. Once I have it running my plan was to explore new features.

Did you mean unconnected endpoints?

I was planning on experimenting with unconnected endpoints, but need to look into setting up the AV. Once I master that, then in principle, I would be very happy to use unconnected endpoints. I don’t see that managing N endpoints buys much and the idea of not having hem is appealing. Do they solve the problem of shared receive buffers?

Thanks

JB