[libfabric-users] connection-less send/recv with verbs

Ilango, Arun arun.ilango at intel.com
Tue Jul 18 10:46:16 PDT 2017

>As far as I understand, fabtests use a spinning wait on top of asynchronous send/recv communication, that should
>definitively not be influenced by the relative starting order.

Actually, you're right. The retry-wait mechanism in the provider or hardware should take care of the re-sending the request again in case it doesn't get a response at first. And this works for me in my setup with ofi_rxm, and sockets providers but not with verbs. There may be some issue in the verbs/RDM implementation.

> Indeed, with this command line the “verbs;ofi_rxm” shows up, maybe it is just matter of some limit on the number of
>results showed by fi_info.

AFAIK there isn't any limit to the number of results that show up in fi_info.

-Arun.