[libfabric-users] interoperability between Verbs provider and MPI (MVAPICH)

Phil Carns carns at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 2 15:47:53 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I have been able to use the verbs provider successfully for some simple
test programs, but it does not seem to work when I try to use it from
within an MPI program using MVAPICH.

I can come back later with more details if this is something that
warrants deeper investigation, but before I do that: are there any known
conflicts between how OFI and MVAPICH use the verbs library, or any
particular options that I need to set to make this work?

To be clear, I have not tried MVAPICH over OFI yet.  This is a normal,
oldish MVAPICH build.  I was trying some quick tests with what's already
available on a test system.

thank you,

-Phil