[libfabric-users] fi_getname "Operation not permitted in current state"

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Jun 15 00:01:40 PDT 2018

Sean

Thanks for the feedback. I had discovered that by adding an fi_enable beforehand, it works, but I am puzzled as to why it worked fine on gni, but not sockets. I need to debug it more and see if the two are taking different paths through other bits of code that I didn't realize.

With gni, we are using pmi for our boot sequence, and probably, something is different in our startup code.

cheers

JB