[libfabric-users] Paper from the ISO C++ meeting last week

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Feb 18 07:14:37 PST 2020

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2020/p2052r0.pdf

The above linked paper is a suggested way forward for IO in C++ using the senders/receivers model (or coroutines) - the senders/receivers are the way that executors and async operations will be implemented (eventually).
The API in this paper would sit quite nicely on top of libfabric if the completion queues are thought of as i/o multiplexers in the syntax of this paper.

I need to read the paper through again, but I thought I'd drop it in here in case there was a desire for a libfabric++ (or a discussion about one) that had an API consistent with potential proposals for C++(23 or beyond).

JB

--
Dr. John Biddiscombe,                    email:biddisco @.at.@ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/