[libfabric-users] Trouble with scalable endpoint

Biddiscombe, John A. john.biddiscombe at cscs.ch
Mon Sep 20 10:33:06 PDT 2021

Dear list,

I have been using one endpoint for Rx and another scalable one for Tx, so that each thread uses one context on send, but receives are shared, it works very well.

I decided to benchmark using a scalable endpoint for Rx as well and so created a single scalable endpoint with N Tx contexts/CQs and N Rx contexts/CQs, bound an address vector to it - but when I insert an address into the address vector I get an invalid argument error.

NB. I have set the AV to use the correct number of bits for Rx context count.

I have no idea why it is unhappy. Are there any other differences I need to look out for that might trigger an invalid argument error?

Thanks

JB