[libfabric-users] Trouble with scalable endpoint

Biddiscombe, John A. john.biddiscombe at cscs.ch
Tue Sep 28 03:07:49 PDT 2021

Sean

I don't remember exactly what I did wrong, but I think when I created the scalable endpoint, I had the number of contexts requested 1 more than was supported - instead of getting an error when creating the endpoint (or binding the queues), I got an error when adding an address to the AV. When I switched the code to using the number of contexts equal to the number of threads I was actually using (not how many were supported) - the problem went away and I realized I had an error during creation (at least I think I remember that's what I did wrong). The error appearing at the AV insertion fooled me into looking in the wrong places for the problem. Anyway, it work now thanks.

JB