[Ofa_boardplus] Agenda for Thursday, 5/23/19 Board Meeting

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Mon May 20 21:12:14 PDT 2019

This is an off-cadence Board meeting.  The regular Board meeting, scheduled for 5/16, was cancelled, however I neglected to consider the need to hold a meeting to nominate candidates for the positions of Vice Chair and Treasurer.
We are also now in a position to review two more Articles for conditional approval for the new Bylaws.  The document repository is located here<https://downloads.openfabrics.org/WorkGroups/board/Bylaws%20Update%20Project/>.  We will be reviewing Article_4_Officers, and Article 9 IPR policy (located in the directory titled "Missing_Sections_Licensing_Copyright_IPR_DL).

Officer elections:
The current rules governing election of Officers are contained in the attached slide deck.  To summarize:

  *   Elections for Vice Chair and Treasurer are held on odd numbered years, and for Chair and Secretary on even numbered years.
  *   Nominations for Officers are accepted until the end of the Board meeting immediately prior to June Board meeting.
  *   Elections are held during the June Board meeting.

As a reminder, the Treasurer position remains vacant, with Jim Ryan filling the role on an acting basis.  Jim has been handling the books and billings for us, but does not, in his role as acting Treasurer, participate in formulating policy for the OFA's financial management, nor does he participate as an Officer of the Alliance.
Jim has stated his willingness to support the Treasurer by continuing to manage the day-to-day bookkeeping for the Alliance, but at the end of the day, the Alliance truly does need an elected Treasurer.  Having such a Treasurer will give us a full complement of officers which is something we have not had for quite a while.
Please give serious consideration to stepping up to filling this gap in the Alliance's leadership.

Regards,
-Paul

Advanced Technology Group
Cray, Inc.