[Ofmfwg] OFMF meeting minutes for 24 February 2023

Aguilar, Michael J. mjaguil at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 24 09:12:00 PST 2023

Everyone

Here is a tentative meeting agenda for 24 February 2023.  With all of the moving parts and initiatives, I wanted to have the full hour to go over everything.  Unfortunately, I just ended up being scheduled for a meeting that I am unable to miss, at 8:30 am, tomorrow.   So, I’ll try to be fast and start right at 8 am.

  1.  The Reference Repository
     *   We need to get Registration for Events agreed upon
     *   We need to get the code finished on the propagation
  2.  Aggregators---any more information than is on the page?
  3.  The Use-Cases for Composability
     *   Using ResourceBlocks and the Resource Composition abstraction in Redfish is something we have discussed soon after we joined this group and it is totally in line with our point of view. At the time we got stuck with the discussion on who creates the resource blocks. The two options at the time were: The composition service infers them from the structure of the fabric or, the agents advertise all resources as resource blocks. We should restart this conversation to define these aspects because they would change the way agents register to the OFMF and advertise components.
     *   On your use-cases I think they are ok but I do not understand the alternate flow depicting a situation when the resources are “not local to the requesting client”. What do you mean with a resource being local to a client requestor? I only see remote/local to apply here from the CPU perspective. i.e., the memory is remote (through fabric) to the CPU, etc.
  4.  The framework for the fabric Agents
     *   CXL mock-up
     *   We’ll expand out a slide with disaggregated components and build out schemas to account for 1). CXL bridging across RDMA (OmniPath) fabrics, 2) OmniPath connecting NVMe over Fabrics, 3) CXL ports toggling to switches, 4) CXL connecting NVMe, 5) OmniPath switch topologies