[libfabric-users] A couple more questions

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Sun Feb 26 02:44:21 PST 2017

Sean

    This is a shared receive context.  See fi_srx_context().  When allocating the endpoint, set the rx_ctx_cnt endpoint attribute to FI_SHARED_CONTEXT.  The shared Rx context will need to be bound to the EP.  This fabtest may be helpful to look at as well:

    https://github.com/ofiwg/fabtests/blob/master/simple/shared_ctx.c
  <

Thank you. Just what I needed

<
    Sincerely,
    The List

Very good.

I have a new problem – I am sending receiving messages using endpoints of type FI_EP_MSG  (verbs+gni) and all is well. However, when I attempt an fi_read(….) I get a segfault. Looking at the code I see that inside fi_rma.h the ep->rma field is uninitialized. In my hints I use
            fabric_hints_->caps = FI_MSG | FI_RMA;
so I assumed that I’d get support for both, but I must need to ask for more somewhere to get rma support working.

What might I be missing that causes the ep->rma internals to be unset?

One clue might be from the fabric logging that say this
libfabric:verbs:fabric:fi_ibv_getifaddrs():854<debug> Found active interface for verbs device: mlx5_0 with address: 192.168.3.37
libfabric:verbs:fabric:fi_ibv_create_ep():183<info> rdma_create_ep: Invalid argument(22)
libfabric:verbs:fabric:fi_ibv_create_ep():183<info> rdma_create_ep: Invalid argument(22)
when I call getinfo, but I am not able to tell which argument (hint?) this refers to. I mention it ‘just in case’ it helps.

Thanks again

JB